Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Taking the plug and play apart

Hi there! I did not have any video of how to take apart the plug and play, so I took apart another one that I had hanging around so you can see how it's done.

          

As you can see in the video, there are a few screws that are hidden by the sticky artwork. Try to find the position of the screws with your finger, or simply remove the whole sticker. 

When you separate the top from the bottom of the plug and play, pay good care not to break any cable.

This is the second plug and play that I have taken apart, and like in the first one, there is no way I could get the joystick ball out, they glue them very well apparently and I did not want to damage it.

The main thing here is to be able to screw the joystick to the panel from the 4 holding holes that it has.The rest could be placed wherever is easier, but remember that you'll have to change the batteries from time to time when positioning the battery holder.

I replaced the fire button for a real size arcade button. If you prefer you could change the joystick as well, just mark the cables before de soldering them so you know where they go.

On the next post I will cover the LCD dismantling and fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment